Yummy treat for the kids to enjoy
- Serves: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- Difficulty: medium
Recipe Ingredients for Cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
Recipe Ingredients for the Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup. whipped cream cheese
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups dark compound chocolate (melted)
- Assorted Sprinkles, Gems
- You will also need lollipop sticks / toothpicks / Satay Sticks
- Preheat oven to 175°C with rack in middle.
- Butter bottom and side of pan, then line bottom with a round of parchment.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- Beat together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to medium-low and add flour mixture and milk alternately in batches, beginning and ending with flour mixture (batter will appear curdled).
- Transfer batter to cake pan and smooth top. Bake until cake begins to pull away from side of pan and a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan 5 minutes, then invert onto a rack and cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Crumble the cake with hands or food processor, and put crumbs into a large bowl.
- Combine ½ cup chocolate, whipped cream cheese, and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Mix this mixture into the cake crumbs thoroughly.
- Form 1 tbsp-sized balls, and stick onto lollipop sticks.
- Roll the cake balls in the melted chocolate. Then dip in sprinklers and freeze for approximately 30 minutes to harden shell.
Share This Recipe