Fish in Coconut Sauce
A take on Fish in Coconut Sauce from the south, made with reduced calories and fat, yet deliciously creamy in taste!
- 300g Mackerel
- 2 tsp Rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 9-10 Fresh Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Urad dal (Split black gram)
- 1 tsp Chana dal (Split Bengal gram)
- 3-4 nos. Dried Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder 100g Onions (finely sliced)
- 100g Tomato (cut into juliennes)
- 300 ml low fat Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Lemon juice Seasoning
- Heat oil in a kadhai (heavy bottomed pan) and add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds pop, add the curry leaves and both the dals.
- Fry until dals are golden in colour.
- Mix in the red chillies, turmeric and onion and saute until the onions are pink.
- Add the tomatoes and coconut milk and bring to a boil stirring continuously.
- Add the Mackerel and simmer until Mackerel is cooked through and the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Add lemon juice and remove from the heat. Season.
Share This Recipe