Kesar pista roll
Saffron flavored cylinders with pistachio stuffing
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Difficulty: medium
- 250g mawa
- 125g pista, chopped
- 125g cashewnuts, powdered
- 200g sugar, powdered
- 1tbsp milk powder
- a few strands of saffron
- 4-5 green cardamoms
- few drops of green color
- few drops of yellow color
- silver warq
- Roast the mawa in a heavy bottomed pan for about five minutes and cool.
- Add cashewnut powder, sugar and milk powder and knead to a smooth mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 2 parts.
- To one part add saffron and yellow colr and to the other part add the pistachios, cardamom and green color.
- Take a little pistachio mixture and roll out into a cylinder.
- Flatten out a little of the saffron mixture and cover the pistachio to resemble a cylinder.
- Shape all the cylinders in the same manner. Keep aside the rolls to dry for half an hour.
- Decorate with silver warq and serve.
Share This Recipe