Paneer cubes in a khoya and tomato based curry.
- Serves: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty: medium
- 200g paneer
- ½ cup khoya
- 6 large ripe red tomatoes
- 1tsp ginger paste
- 1tsp green chili paste
- 1tbsp desi ghee
- 1tsp black pepper powder
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 2 green cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 1tsp cardamom powder
- 2tbsp cream
- Rock salt (sendha namak) to taste
- Ginger juliennes to garnish
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Make a cross cut on the top of the tomatoes. Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove from the water and peel the tomatoes.
- Finely chop the tomatoes and cook the tomatoes for 8-10 minutes till soft and pulpy.
- Puree the tomatoes and pass through a sieve to get a smooth seedless puree.
- (Alternatively you could also use ½ cup ready tomato puree.)
- Cut the paneer into 1inch cubes.
- Mash the khoya well to a smooth paste.
- Heat the ghee in a pan. Add the cardamoms and the cloves and sauté for 30 seconds till the spices splutter.
- Add the khoya and sauté till the khoya is slightly pink. Add the ginger and chili pastes and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the pureed tomatoes, black pepper powder, sendha namak to taste, cumin powder, ½ cup water and the paneer cubes. Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream, cardamom powder and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves and ginger juliennes.
Share This Recipe