Masala Baked Eggs
A yummy egg and spinach baked dish.
- Serves: 1
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5-6 Minutes
- Difficulty: medium
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp cooked chopped spinach, that’s been squeezed to extract excess liquid
- 2 eggs
- ½ tomato
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to broil.
- Grease two 8-oz. gratin dishes with butter. To each dish, add 2 tbsp.
- spinach. Using your fingers, make 2 wells in each pile of spinach and crack 2 eggs in each well.
- Cut tomato into 4 wedges and nestle 2 wedges on opposite sides of each dish. Pour 1 tbsp.
- heavy cream into each dish. Sprinkle each dish with 1 tbsp. parmesan, ¼ tsp. oregano, 1/8 tsp. nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to oven rack and broil until the cheese is golden brown, the whites of the eggs are set, and the yolks are still slightly soft, about 5 minutes.
Share This Recipe