The richness of Oreo cookies in cupcakes.
- Serves: 12 (depending on your tin size)
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty: medium
Ingredients for cupcakes:
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 1 package Mini Oreo Cookies, for decoration (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ cup caster sugar
- 250g butter , room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- cupcake liners
Ingredients for frosting:
- 125g butter (unsalted)
- 300g icing sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Line cupcake tins with liners. Place a regular size Oreo cookie in the bottom of each liner.
- Sift together the baking powder and the flour. Cream together the butter and the icing sugar till pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, till the mixture is smooth. If it starts to curdle, add 1 tbsp flour to it and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix.
- Add the flour a little at a time and mix well. Do not over-beat.
- Take 1/2 of remaining cookies and chop coarsely and add to cake mix.
- Fill the cupcake tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the cup cakes comes out clean. While cupcakes are baking make the frosting.
- Cream together butter, vanilla extract and icing sugar.
- Chop remaining regular-sized Oreos very fine (you can put the cookies in the food
- processor instead of trying to chop them up super fine).
- Add to frosting.
- After cupcakes have cooled frost the cup cakes and decorate with Mini Oreos.
Share This Recipe