Chocolate and vanilla flavored check cookies
These eggless cookies combine both flavors- vanilla and chocolate in a check pattern. The cookies are easy to assemble and turn out delicious.
- 150g plain flour
- 100g butter
- 75g sugar
- 2tbsp coco powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2tbsp milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Sift the plain flour into a large mixing bowl and add the sugar.
- Rub in the butter, vanilla extract and bring mixture together.
- Divide the mixture into two equal halves.
- To one add coco powder and mix well
- Roll out the two dough to equal sizes rectangles.
- Brush one rectangle with milk and place the other over it.
- Cut into half. Brush one half with milk and place the other half over it.
- Now cut into half again, turning the layers around so that the cross section looks like a check board.
- Chill the dough for 15 mins.
- Cut out squares of ½ cm thickness.
- Place biscuits (using a palette knife) onto 2 or 3 lightly greased baking trays.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Remove on a cooling rack and allow to cool.