Honey Sesame Chili Chicken
Batter fried chicken in a hot sweet sauce tossed with honey and sesame seeds
One of our restaurant favourites is Honey Chili Potatoes. Chuck the potatoes out and bring the chicken in! Try this recipe to add a great dish to add to your table whenever you are serving Chinese food next!
This recipe, I am sure is an Indo Chinese concoction!
- Serves: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- Difficulty: medium
- Tag: Baking Recipes, Birthday Party, Chinese, Dinner for Two, Easter Treats, Father’s Day, Kitty Party, Mother’s Day, Party Food, Picnic, Side Dishes, Starters, Sunday Lunch, Wedding & Anniversary
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2tbsp cornstarch
- 2tbsp flour
- 1egg white
- Salt to taste
- 1½ tbsp oil
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 broken red chilies
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp red chili paste
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 1tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chopped coriander for garnish
- Oil to fry
- Cut the chicken breast into thin long strips ( ½ cm thick).
- Marinate the chicken strips with 1 tsp vinegar, 1/2tsp salt, ½ tsp tsp red chili powder for 20 minutes.
- Make a batter of the egg white, flour, salt, corn flour, ½ tsp red chili powder with little water as required.
- Heat 2” deep oil in a pan. Dip the chicken sticks in the batter and deep fry in medium hot oil to a golden color. Remove.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the garlic and sauté on high flame for few seconds. Add the broken red chilies and saute for another 30 seconds or till the chilies are fragrant. Add red chili paste, tomato sauce and vinegar and combine. Add the fried chicken pieces and toss for a minute on medium-high flame.
- Turn off heat. Add the honey and toss the contents till well combined.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and garnish with spring onion greens or coriander leaves and combine.