Peri Peri Grilled Chicken on Pesto Cream Spaghetti
Chicken breast marinated in peri peri sauce served over spaghetti in pesto cream sauce.
This is one of those quick and easy recipes that can be a winner at any table. Just take care not to over- cook the chicken breast lest it turns chewy. Also a longer marinating time would help in better absorption of flavours.
- 400g spaghetti
- 4 tbsp pesto sauce
- ½ cup cream
- 2tbsp +2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1tbsp minced garlic
- 2tbsp peri peri sauce
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1tsp sugar
- Make diagonal slits in the upper side of the chicken.
- Mix together ½ tbsp. garlic, 1 tbsp oil, salt to taste, lemon juice, peri peri sauce and marinate the chicken in the mixture, filling well in the cuts. Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring 8 cups water to boil ina large pan. Add 2tsp salt. Cook the spaghetti in fast boiling salted water.
- Remove al dante, drain and refresh in cold water.
- Add a tbsp. of oil and set the spaghetti aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil. Add the remaining garlic, saute till translucent, add in the pesto sauce and cream. Mis well. Add in the spaghetti and toss. Season to taste.
- Divide the spaghetti in 4 plates.
- Heat a grill pan.
- Drizzle olive oil and sear the chicken for a minute each on both sides. Cover and grill the chicken breasts till cooked through.
- Remove cover, sprinkle sugar on the chicken and turn to caramelize.
- Serve immediately over the spaghetti.