Asian Sesame Salad
Tofu and vegetables tossed with sesame seeds.
An Asian inspired Salad with protein rich Tofu, Vegetables and the nuttiness of Sesame seeds. It could be a wonderful addition to a Picnic hamper, a Lazy Sunday lunch or even any party that you are throwing.
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 350g firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 2tbsp soya oil
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into ribbons
- 1 cup baby corn cut into 1” slices
- 6-7 button mushrooms
- 1tsp toasted sesame seeds
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Marinate the tofu, babycorn, broccoli, mushroom halves in the marinade for 10 minutes.
- Remove tofu and vegetables from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu. Cook, turning, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in another pan and toss the broccoli, mushrooms, and baby corn for a minute till lightly colored.
- Add reserved marinade and carrot to tofu. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and serve.