Easy to do curried chicken cooked with onion, tomatoes and spices
This is a very easy to do chicken curry also called Bachelor’s Chicken Curry! Chicken, onion, tomatoes, spices are all sealed together in a pot and slow cooked to infused maximum flavors. Needless to say, it turns out delicious!
- 1 kg chicken
- 12 to whole red chillies
- 3 large onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 green chillies
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ginger (chopped)
- 8–10 cloves garlic + 1 whole garlic pod
- 3 tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 8 whole black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 6 cloves
- 2 tbsp coriander (dhania) seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup mustard oil
- fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1tsp kasuri methi
- Lightly roast the cumin seeds and the coriander seeds till fragrant. Cool and grind coarsely.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in the chopped onion, whole spices, oil, chopped ginger, slit green chilies, the garlic pod and mix well. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken, beaten yoghurt, chopped tomatoes and 2 cups of water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil to medium hot and add in the garlic cloves and whole red chillies. Add to the chicken and mix well.
- Seal the pot with a tight lid and cook on slow fire for 40 minutes.