Fried Raw Banana Chips
Here is the recipe for an all-time favorite snack- Chips! But these are made with raw bananas and definitely pack a little more nutrition (though the calories remain similar)! These are fried in Groundnut oil, which makes it good enough to eat during Fasting as well.
- 5-6 raw bananas
- Groundnut oil for deep frying
- ½ tsp. black pepper powder
- Rock salt(sendha namak) according to taste
- Peel the bananas and put them in plenty of salted iced water for 10 mins.
- Slice bananas with a chip slicer into water.
- Keep for 10 minutes, remove out water fully.
- Spread out on a kitchen cloth to take off moisture.
- Heat up oil in a wok till hot.
- Add the banana chips in batches and reduce the heat.
- Remove when golden.
- Allow to dry out for some time and toss with black pepper powder and Rock Salt (sendha namak).