Dahi ke kebabs
Soft melt in your mouth yoghurt kebabs
Another popular restaurant starter that is a favorite with vegetarians! Dahi kebabs are made of hung curd and are very soft, melt in your mouth kebabs. These pair best with a mint coriander chutney.
- 250g hung curd
- 75g paneer
- 4tsp roasted chana powder
- 1tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp clove powder
- 1tsp cinnamon powder
- 3tsp chopped nuts
- 1tsp chopped coriander
- 1tsp chopped ginger
- 1tsp chopped green chilies
- Flour to dust
- 1tbsp oil
- Mint chutney to serve
- Hang 500g yoghurt in a muslin cloth for over 5-6 hours in the refrigerator. The yoghurt should be thick like cheese.
- Mash the paneer till soft like dough.
- Mix together the paneer, hung curd, salt to taste, red chili powder, cinnamon powder, clove powder, cardamom powder, and the roasted chana powder.
- You may add 1-2tsp of roasted gram flour more if the mixture is too gooey.
- Take around 1 tbsp of this mixture and mix in the chopped nuts and chopped green chilies, coriander and chopped ginger.
- Divide the yoghurt mixture into 6 equal parts. Divide the nut mixture into 8 equal parts.
- Grease a clean plastic sheet and keep one part yoghurt mixture.
- Make a dent in the center and stuff one part nut mixture.
- Cover with the yoghurt mixture and shape into a patty with greased hands.
- Dust the patty in flour from all sides and shape into a round patty. Make all 8 patties.
- Heat oil on a pan and add the patties to medium hot oil.
- Cook till light golden in colour. Carefully flip over and cook on the other side.
- Serve hot with mint chutney.