Milk and cottage cheese pudding
Kheer is one of the most loved Indian desserts. It is cooked in various variations, most common being with rice and milk. Here is a Bengali recipe that calls for the addition of tiny pieces of paneer or cottage cheese to the reduced milk.
- 1 liters Milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- 100 gm Chenna/ paneer (fresh Cottage Cheese)
- 1 tbsp. Khoya (reduced milk)
- 1/2tysp Cardamom powder
- Few drops Rose water
- Boil half the sugar with 1 cup water.
- Dice the paneer pieces and add to the sugar syrup, allow simmering for 5 minutes.
- Draining and setting aside.
- Bring milk to a boil and reduce till almost half add the paneer pieces and khoya cook till thicken.
- Add the remaining sugar and cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and cardamom powder and rose water and serve chill.