Chicken (no butter) Masala
Your favourite Butter Chicken but without the butter and added calories!
- 250g Boneless chicken
- 2tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 1 medium red Onion
- 3 large Tomatoes
- ½ cup Cashew Nuts
- 100g Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- 100ml Low fat cream
- 1tsp Garam Masala
- 1tsp Red chilli powder
- 1tbsp ginger- garlic paste
- 2tbsp thick low fat yoghurt Salt to tast
- Marinate the chicken with the ginger garlic paste and the yoghurt for 20 min.
- Soak the cashew in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes. Heat 1 tbsp oil to a pan.
- Sear the chicken pieces in the hot oil for 1 minute on each side to a golden colour.
- Remove the chicken pieces. In the same pan, add 1tbsp oil and the chopped onions.
- Saute till a translucent pink.
- Add the tomatoes, red chili powder, garam masala powder and cook on medium flame till the tomatoes are tender (approx. 4-5 minutes).
- Remove from flame and run in a blender with the soaked cashews to make a smooth paste.
- Return to the pan and add the tomato puree.
- Bring to a boil and add the chicken pieces.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes till the chicken is cooked.
- Add the low fat cream and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Broil the fenugreek leaves on a pan.
- Crush the fenugreek leaves over the curry and remove from fire.
- Serve hot.
Share This Recipe