Eggless fried dough rings
Here is an eggless recipe for everyone’s favorite doughnuts. Contrary to popular belief, these are deep fried and not baked! The basic doughnuts are simplt dusted with cinnamon sugar but you can top them with glazes, chocolate, sprinklers of your choice.
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp fresh yeast
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar
- a pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 50gm icing sugar
- 1 tbsp. hot water
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- Warm the water and add the yeast and a tsp of sugar to it.
- Mix well and leave it untouched for ten minutes.
- Combine the flour, powdered sugar, salt, vanilla essence, milk and the yeast mixture together and knead into soft dough.
- Bring the butter to room temperature and mix it to the dough and knead again till the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover with cling film. Set aside until it doubles, about 20-40 minutes.
- Press the dough lightly to remove air and knead softly.
- Now roll out the dough to 1/4″ thickness on a well-floured surface.
- Use a doughnut cutter and cut out the desired shape and leave them on floured butter paper for another ten minutes until it doubles again. Alternatively, you could use a large and a small ring cutter to cut out the doughnut shape as well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Carefully lift the dough rings and fry them in medium hot oil till golden brown in color.
- Mix together the icing sugar with hot water.
- Dip one side of the dough nut in the glaze and allow setting.