Stuffed cottage cheese triangles in creamy tomato gravy
Paneer is a favorite with vegetarians. Home-made cottage cheese can be consumed during the fasts. This stuffed cottage cheese recipe can be easily tried out during the fasts and turns out to be quite delicious!
- 400g Paneer
- 25g Cashew Nuts
- 50g Coconut
- 1” ginger
- 100g Khoya
- 1tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves
- ½ cup fresh cream
- 2tbsp chironji/ charoli
- 1 cup peanut oil
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Cut cottage cheese into one and a half inch sized cubes. Carefully slit halfway through.
- Make a mixture of the khoya and the chopped kaju and stuff in the pockets in the paneer. Make a paste of Singhada atta with water and seal the paneer pockets with the paste.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep-fry the cottage cheese cubes till light golden. Drain onto an absorbent paper and set aside.
- Deep-fry cashewnuts in the same oil till light golden. Drain onto an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Wash and roughly chop the coconut.
- Peel, wash and roughly chop ginger. Clean, wash and roughly chop coriander leaves.
- dry roast poppy seeds, cumin seeds, cloves and cinnamon. Combine coconut, ginger, cashew nuts, poppy seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon and sunflower seeds and grind to a paste using a little water.
- Heat three tablespoons of oil in a kadai, add the ground paste and fry for four to five minutes till it emits a nice aroma or till oil leaves the masala.
- Add tomato puree, sugar, salt and half cup of water and continue to simmer on low heat for ten to fifteen minutes or till gravy is thick. Add the fried cottage cheese and and cook further for a minute. Gently stir in the fresh cream and serve hot.