Dubki Wale Aloo
No onion no garlic potato curry cooked with spices
A simple potato curry from the land of Braj! The potatoes simply get lost in the slow cooked curry making it richer & creamier with their starch. A staple breakfast when served with hot puffed pooris
- 250g potatoes
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 green chilies
- 1tsp flour
- ¼ tsp asafetida
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 black cardamom
- 1tbsp coriander seeds
- 1tsp pepper corns
- 2 cloves
- Salt to taste
- 2tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Boil the potatoes.
- Peel boiled potatoes and mash them roughly.
- Lightly roast 1tsp cumin seeds, coriander seeds, pepper corns in a pan till fragrant and golden brown in color.
- Grind together the roasted spices, cloves, black cardamom to a coarse powder.
- Grind the ginger and green chilies to a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan. add cumin seeds when cumin start crackling add whole red chilies and asafetida.
- Add mashed potatoes in it.
- Now add the ginger- chili paste in the potatoes, 3 cups water and all the spices in it.
- Mix well and cook on medium heat till it start boiling.
- Let the curry cook for about 20 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent potatoes from sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- The curry will thicken further as it cools.
- Remove from heat. Add chopped coriander and serve with hot pooris.