A dense tea cake with candied fruits
A rich fruit cake made with candied fruits and mixed spices that add a wonderful warm flavour to the cake. Toasted dry fruits may be added for a richer, nuttier flavour.
- Serves: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty: medium
- Tag: Baking Recipes, Birthday Party, British, Cakes & Tea Time Treats, Eggs, Father’s Day, French, Kitty Party, Mother’s Day, Picnic, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day
- 225g Flour
- 110g Butter
- 110g Sugar
- 150g mixed Candied Fruit
- 2 Eggs
- 5 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat the Oven to 180*C.
- Prepare a 2 pound Loaf tin or a 6” round tin by greasing with butter and then lining with butter paper.
- Sift the flour, mixed spices and baking powder together thrice.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in half the flour mixture just until incorporated. Then beat in the milk and then the remaining flour mixture to make a batter of soft dropping consistency.
- Put the batter into the lined pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 mins in a preheated oven or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove on a wire rack to cool.
Preeti ON: January 19th, 2019
What can be used in place of eggs for vegetarians?
Egg replacement ON: January 21st, 2019
Mam eggs can be substituted by what else? Pls advice.. As i m pure vegetarian