Sweet and Sour Tamarind Cooler
Here is the perfect recipe to quench not just your thirst but also to satiate the urge for something ‘chatpata’ especially during the fasts!
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty: medium
- Tag: Dairy Free, Diwali, Drinks, Fruit, Gluten Free, Holi, Indian, Navratri, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 100 grams Tamarind
- 300 grams Sugar
- 2tsp rock Salt
- 1/2 tsp roasted and ground Cumin seeds
- a few Mint leaves
- Wash and soak tamarind in water.
- Mash and strain the tamarind pulp.
- Add about 3 cups of water to the sugar and bring it to boil to make a syrup.
- Mix the tamarind pulp and the sugar syrup together.
- Add salt, cumin powder and mint leaves.
- Chill and serve.