Lemon flavored curry leaf tempered turmeric rice
Hot & Tangy is how you best describe Lemon Rice! This delicacy from South India doubles up as a snack and an accompaniment as well.
Cooked rice is tempered with curry leaves, dals, mustard seeds & turmeric. Watch the magic in the end as the lemon juice gets added and colours brighten up!
- 2 cups boiled rice
- 4tbsp lemon juice
- 3tbsp refined oil
- 1tsp mustard seeds
- A pinch asafetida
- 1tbsp split black gram (dhuli urad)
- 1tbsp split Bengal gram (chana dal)
- 12-15 curry leaves
- 4-5 whole red chilies
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- To medium hot oil, add mustard seeds, asafetida, urad dal, chana dal and sauté till golden.
- Add curry leaves, broken red chilies, turmeric powder and peanuts and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and salt and mix well.
- Add lemon juice and mix well till the rice gets heated through.
- Serve hot.
(Can be made with leftover rice as well!)