Kaddu ki khatti meethi subji
Sweet and sour Pumpkin
This version of making Pumpkin is quite popular in North India. Mostly green pumpkin is used for this recipe for which the pumpkin need not be peeled. It turns out equally good with ripe orange pumpkin as well in which case, do remove the peel for it is quite tough and fibrous.
- 1 tbsps Desi Ghee
- 2 tbsp Sugar/ Jaggery powder
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 500g kg Pumpkin, cubed
- 3 green Chillies, cut into pieces
- 1tbsp Dry Mango powder
- 1tbsp chopped coriander
- Rock Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, chilies to medium hot oi land and sauté for a minute.
- Add the pumpkin pieces and mix well.
- Add ½ cup water, sugar and salt.
- Cook till pumpkin is soft and mushy and much of the water too has evaporated.
- Finish by adding the amchur powder. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Mash the pumpkin lightly, garnish with chopped coriander and serve.