Namak Pare Masale
Crisp spicy and savory biscuits
A quick savory snack that can be made ahead and stored for long! This tea time snack is a favorite all over the country. This one here is a particularly special version which is spiced up with the a toss of dry powdered spice that take the flavors a notch higher from the simple to the extraordinary!
- 1Cup Flour
- ½ cup Semolina (Sooji/ Rawa)
- 1tsp Carom seeds
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp Coriander powder
- ½tsp Red chili powder
- ½tsp Cumin powder
- ¼tsp Black pepper
- ½tsp raw Mango powder
- Oil for frying
- 2tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- Mix the flour, semolina, carom seeds and salt together.
- Add 2 tablespoon clarified butter and mix well to resemble bread crumbs.
- Add a little warm water at a time and knead into a stiff dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball, roll the ball into a ¼” thick circle and cut into ½ ” squares.
- Heat at least 3” oil in a pan.
- Add the squares to hot oil and reduce the heat to low.
- Deep fry squares and remove when light golden in color and drain on kitchen paper.
- Mix all the remaining spices.
- Add ½tbsp hot oil to the spices and mix well.
- Add the fried crisps and toss well.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.