A classic bruschetta topped with grilled shrimps & tomatoes
Here is a simple recipe of an appetizer that is definitely party worthy! If you do not get bruschetta bread, you can slice up some garlic bread for a base of these delicious starters. The freshness of tomatoes, chives, the heat of capers, the flavor of garlic- all add up to add more flavor to the shrimps on top!
- Serves: 2-3
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty: medium
- Tag: Antipasti, Baking Recipes, Bread & Rotis, Dinner for Two, Dinner Party, Easter Treats, Italian, Kitty Party, Light Meals, Party Food, Romantic Meal, Seafood, Snacks, Starters, Thanksgiving, Wedding & Anniversary
- 10 slices bruschetta bread
- 10 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 3chives, cut into 1-inch pieces, for garnish
- 3tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2medium tomatoes, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons small capers, drained
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1/4cup olive or vegetable oil
- Lightly season the shrimp with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Grill the shrimp until cooked through and charred slightly on both sides. Remove from grill.
- Place bread slices on ungreased cookie sheet. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil on each slice bread. Grill about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- While bread is toasting, mix remaining ingredients. Spoon tomato mixture onto bread slices. Garnish with chives and serve immediately.