Mushroom & Spinach Lasagna
Baked lasagna sheets layered with mushroom spinach & white sauce.
An all-time delight! This vegetarian lasagne receives its ‘meaty’ flavour from the mushrooms. Coupled with the earthy flavours of spinach and a creamy béchamel sauce, the combination stands unparalleled!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2tsp thyme
- 250g spinach, chopped
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 6 lasagne sheets
- 2tbsp butter
- 2tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the flour and cook till the flour is fragrant and acquires a light colour.
- Add in the milk a little at a time, whisking continuously to prevent the formation of lumps.
- When all the milk is added, bring the sauce to a boil and reduce to a simmer, stirring constantly. Cook till the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and season to taste.
- Heat oven to 200C.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic and Cook for 1 min.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme, and cook for 3 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Throw in the spinach and stir until the heat of the pan wilts the leaves.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the white sauce, and 1 tbsp of the Parmesan and some seasoning.
- Put a quarter of the spinach mix on the bottom of a medium-sized baking dish, lay 2 pasta sheets on top, then repeat until you have used all the pasta.
- Finish with the final quarter of the spinach mix, sprinkle over the rest of the Parmesan, and then bake for 20 minutes until golden and the pasta is tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.