Thumb Print Peanut Cookies
Peanut crusted cookies
Here are some Jam filled cookies that pack a crunch being coated with crushed peanut. You can substitute the crushed peanuts with walnuts too!
- 8 tbsp butter (at room temperature)
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose
- ¾ peanuts, coarsely crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup mixed fruit jam
- Preheat the oven at 175c.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about five minutes.
- Beat egg yolk (reserve white) and vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in flour.
- Continue mixing on low until dough comes together in a ball.
- In a bowl, mix peanuts & sugar.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, dip each in egg white then roll in peanut mixture, turning to coat. Transfer to baking sheets.
- Using your finger, make a deep indentation in the center of each ball.
- Transfer cookies to refrigerate. (Chill 20 mins)
- Fill center of each cookie with ¼ tsp jam (do not overfill or jam will leak out while baking).
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until cookies are golden brown, about 10 mins.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets on wire racks, then transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.