White Chocolate Babaganoush
Lebanese Baba Ganoush with white chocolate
Take the traditional Baba Ganoush recipe and add to it the creaminess of white chocolate and you have an amazing dip that will have you reaching out for more!
- Serves: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- Difficulty: medium
- Tag: Baking Recipes, Birthday Party, Cakes & Tea Time Treats, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kitty Party, Other World Flavours, Party Food, Picnic, Quick & Easy, Sauces, Sauces & Condiments, Starters, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, Wedding & Anniversary
- 1 large aubergine
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 8 – 10 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup tahini paste
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp parsley
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 100 gm melted white chocolate
- pomegranate seeds to garnish
- parsley leaves to garnish
- Cut the aubergine into 2 halves lengthwise. Drizzle about 4 tbsp olive oil over it.
- Place the aubergine on a baking tray with cut side down. Also place garlic cloves in a bowl drizzle a little oil over the garlic.
- Grill it in the oven for 40 minutes, removing the garlic after 20 minutes.
- Alternatively, you could also grill the aubergines over naked flame till the skin is charred and the flesh well cooked.
- Remove the skin of the aubergine and separate the pulp.
- Chop white chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds, remove and mix well.
- In a blender jar, add aubergine, garlic, lemon juice, tahini paste, salt as per taste. Add red chilli powder, black pepper powder, parsley, cumin seeds, melted white chocolate and prepare a paste.
- Remove the baba ganoush in a bowl. Garnish the baba ganoush with pomegranate seeds, chopped parsley leaves and serve with toasted pita bread.