Potato stuffed crispy triangles
- Serves: 16 Makes
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty: medium
- Tag: Bread & Doughs, Cakes & Tea Time Treats, Dairy Free, Diwali, Eid, Flour, Holi, Indian, Kitty Party, Lohri, Party Food, Side Dishes, Snacks, Starters, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian
- 2 cup refined flour
- 3tbsp clarified butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp carom seeds
- 6 large Potatoes
- ½ cup Green Peas
- 2 Green Chilies
- ½tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 1tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1tbsp chopped Cashews
- 1tbsp Raisins
- ½tsp Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- ½tsp Red chili powder
- 1tsp dry Mango powder( Amchur)
- Mix salt, carom seeds in the flour.
- Add melted clarified butter and mix well.
- Add a little water at a time and knead into a soft pliable dough.
- Cover it with moist Muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes and peas separately till done.
- Cool the potatoes and mash them well.
- In a bowl add mashed potatoes and add all dry masalas and green chilies, ginger and mix well.
- Add green peas, cashews and raisins and mix well. Add coriander and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
- Roll each part into a 5″ diameter circle. Cut it into two parts like semi-circle.
- Apply water on the sides of the cut semi-circle.
- Take one semi-circle and fold it like a cone, covering a little than one third of the dough.
- Place a heaped spoon full of filling in the cone and seal the third side using a little water.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add in the samosas.
- Reduce the heat and fry the samosas in medium hot oil till golden brown.
Share This Recipe