Kali Mirch Paneer
Paneer cubes cooked in black pepper and yoghurt based creamy sauce
Kali mirch or Black Pepper is one of the most used spices all over the world! Here is the recipe for another restaurant style dish that is again loved by all vegetarians.
- 250g Paneer
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 200 ml yoghurt
- 20 g black peppercorns, crushed
- ¾ tsp salt or to taste
- 3 tbsp refined vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp cream
- ½ tbsp crushed dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and sauté the onions until softened and pink. Do not allow them to brown at all.
- Puree the onions in a blender with 2tbsp water.
- In the same pan heat the remaining1 tbsp oil. Add crushed peppercorns.
- Add the ginger paste and garlic paste, cumin powder with 2tbsp water and cook till the raw smells of the ginger and garlic smells disappear.
- Add in the onion paste and add in the whisked yoghurt and salt.
- Stir continuously till the yoghurt comes to a boil.
- Add the paneer cubes, simmer over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and cook for another minute. Sprinkle crushed fenugreek leaves, garam masala and mix well.
- Remove from heat, adjust seasoning and serve hot.