Kaju Makhana Gravy
Fried Lotus Seeds in Creamy Cashew Gravy
Phool makhana or Lotus seed tastes excellent as a snack! It becomes an important part of our diet during the fasts as well. Fried, curried, in dessers, it finds many uses! This Cashew nut and makhana gravy is delicious and an excellent source of energy and tastes delicious as well!
- ½ cup Lotus Seeds/ Foxnut (Makhana)
- 50 gm Cashewnuts paste
- 2 tsps. Ginger paste
- 1 tsp. Ginger, julienned
- ½ tsp. black pepper powder
- 50 gm beaten curd
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp green cardamom powder
- 1/8 tsp clove powder
- 100ml Cream
- Rock Salt according to taste
For the Garnish
- 3-4 Cashewnuts, fried
- 2 tsps Coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat oil, add ginger paste and 2tbsp water.
- Cook till the raw ginger smell disappears.
- Add cashew nuts paste and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the beaten curds and a cup of water. Cook further for 5 minutes.
- Deep fry the lotus seeds and soak in 1 cup water.
- Add in the gravy.
- Finish with fresh cream, ginger juliennes and a sprinkling of the garam masala.
- Add rock salt to taste.
- Serve hot garnished with fried cashewnuts and chopped coriander leaves.