A decadent pie made from bananas, cream and toffee.
Banana and toffee together makes for a rich Banoffee Pie! This heavenly British Pie is made from bananas, cream and condensed milk on a base made from crumbled biscuits and butter.
- Serves: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes + Chilling Time
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty: easy
- Tag: Birthday Party, British, Dinner Party, Kitty Party, Party Food, Romantic Meal, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, Vegetarian, Wedding & Anniversary
- 100 gm. Ginger Biscuit
- 100 gm. Digestive biscuit
- 250 gm. Butter
- 1tsp Mixed Spices
- 400gm Condensed Milk
- 2tbsp Heavy Cream
- 4-6 Bananas, peeled and sliced
- Cocoa Powder to sprinkle
- 1 cup Whipped Cream to garnish
- Crush the biscuits in a plastic bag with a rolling pin as finely as possible.
- Mix half the butter with biscuits and mixed spice. Using a spoon, press into the base of 18-20cm flan lined with plastic film. Chill to set.
- Put the remaining butter in a pan, adds the condensed milk and bring to boil, stirring all the time or it will burn.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes, slowly stirring, until you have a light golden colour.
- Remove from the heat, beat in 2 tablespoons of the double cream and leave to cool.
- Pour this caramel on top of the biscuit base and arrange half the banana slices on top of the caramel. Put another layer of banana on top of that.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder, and then chill.
- When ready to serve, cover with whipped cream and dust with more cocoa powder to serve.