Fresh Watermelon Jello set with China Grass: 100 % vegetarian!
Summers bring with them our favourite Watermelons! Let’s enjoy their freshness in this Watermelon Jello!
- Serves: 7-8
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- Difficulty: medium
- Tag: Birthday Party, Cakes & Tea Time Treats, Dairy Free, Easter Treats, Fruit, Gluten Free, Healthy Meals, Kitty Party, Light Meals, Other World Flavours, Party Food, Pies & Pastries, Sunday Lunch, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 10g Agar Agar (China Grass)
- 750ml Watermelon juice (pulpy)
- 3tbsp Sugar
- Soak the agar agar in 1 cup water for 20 minutes.
- Cut the top of 1 medium sized Watermelon and scoop out the pulp.
- Blend the pulp in a blender to get a thick mushy pulp.
- Remove the soaked agar agar from water and place in a pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, till the agar agar has melted. Add in the fruit pulp and the sugar and bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes, remove from heat and pass through a strainer.
- Pout the strained liquid in the empty watermelon and cover. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours.
- Once set and chilled, remove the watermelon from the refrigerator and cut into slices.
- You can serve the sliced jello or also cut it into cubes and serve!