Cottage cheese cubes cooked in a hot sauce with Capsicum and Onions
Chilli Paneer is a great Indo Chinese Fusion dish! It goes on to show how much we love eating Chinese food!! Fried Paneer Cubes are tossed with a hot soya based sauce with diced capsicum and onions. It can be served dry as a starter and as curried accompaniment to rice or noodles.
- 250g Paneer
- 2 medium onions
- 2 medium capsicums
- 6-8 green chilies
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- ½ cup corn flour
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup Refined oil to deep fry
- Cut paneer in 1” cubes and sprinkle 2 tbsp cornstarch over it.
- Dip the paneer pieces and toss in cornstarch again.
- Toss the paneer lightly to coat the corn starch.
- Take care not to break the paneer.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan.
- When oil is medium hot, add the paneer pieces and fry till golden brown. Take care to fry in batches. Remove on absorbent paper.
- Cut the onion into 8 pieces and remove the smaller inner pieces.
- Cut each capsicum into 8 pieces and deseed.
- Cut the green chilies into slices and set aside.
- Dissolve the remaining cornstarch, ketchup, chilli sauce and vinegar in the vegetable stock or water and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Ad crushed garlic to fairly hot oil and sauté for 10 seconds or till light golden in color.
- Add the onion and capsicums and green chilies and toss on high flame for 30 seconds.
- The vegetables should be cooked but crisp.
- Add the salt, paneer and toss well.
- Add the corn slurry over high heat, stirring till the sauce is thick enough to coat the paneer and the vegetables.
- Serve immediately.