Jimmy Jam Biscuits
Jam Filled Double layered biscuits
These biscuits are a treat! They become a favourite with both kids and grown ups. Two biscuits are layered with jam and the to biscuit is dusted with icing sugar. Th effect turns out pretty and pretty delicious too!
- 210g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 375g plain flour
- Mixed fruit jam for spreading
- icing sugar to dust
- Beat the butter and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and egg yolks and mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add the flour. Lightly knead the mixture until it comes together in a ball.
- Wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 170C.
- Roll the dough out to the thickness of a ¼ cm on a lightly floured surface and stamp out biscuits using a 6–7cm cutter.
- Reshape leftover dough into a ball, re-roll and cut out more biscuits.
- Stamp out a smaller circle from the middles of half the biscuits.
- Put the biscuits on lined baking trays and bake for 12–15 minutes or until golden.
- Rest for a minute then transfer to a cooling rack.
- When completely cold, spread the whole biscuits with jam.
- Dust the ring-shaped biscuits with icing sugar.
- Put a sugar-dusted ring on top of a jam-covered biscuit and press lightly together.