Khoya Khubani Kebabs
Raw banana & potato patties stuffed with apricot & khoya mixture
These kebabs are a culinary delight from the land of Awadh. The nawab’s kitchens always had something special to serve to their Hindu friends. This recipe is one of them!
- 1 kg raw banana
- 300 g potatoes
- 30 g oil
- 10 g cumin seed;
- 5 g white pepper powder
- 5-6 green chillies; 10 g ginger
- 50 g green coriander
- 50 g apricots
- 50 g khoya(redu sed milk)
- Sendha namak to taste
- Soak apricot in water for about 1 hour, drain it, chop finely and mix with khoya.
- Peel and chop ginger, green chilli and green coriander.
- Boil raw banana and potatoes, peel, mash and mix it well.
- Heat oil in sauce pan, add cumin seeds till it crackle.
- Add mashed banana and potato mixture, cook well.
- Add garam masala, white pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Chop the ginger, green chillies, green coriander and mix well with above mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and stuff with apricots and khoya mixture.
- Make medallions of 2.5” diameter.
- Shallow fry on a heated griddle, serve hot.