Meatballs with Orange Glaze
Meatballs served with a sweet-sour orange sauce.
It’s sweet, its sour, its hot and it’s absolutely delicious! These meat balls are baked and not fried thus are healthier.
- Serves: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty: medium
- Tag: Antipasti, Baking Recipes, Birthday Party, Chicken & Poultry, Dinner for Two, Dinner Party, Easter Treats, Father’s Day, Italian, Kitty Party, Lamb, Mother’s Day, Mutton, Party Food, Romantic Meal, Snacks, Starters, Sunday Lunch, Valentine's day, Wedding & Anniversary
Ingredients for the meatballs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 400g lean mince meat
- 80g feta cheese, cut into sixteen 1/2-in. cubes
Ingredients for the glaze
- 300g orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 green onions, chopped, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Crumble mince meat over mixture and mix well.
- Divide into 16 portions; flatten. Top each with a cheese cube; form meat mixture around cheese into meatballs.
- Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 180°C for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink.
- In a small saucepan, heat together the marmalade, orange juice, half of the green onions and the jalapeno till well mixed.
- Place meatballs in a serving dish; pour glaze over the top and gently stir to coat.
- Garnish with remaining green onions.