Pan Fried Noodles
Crisp pan fried noodles topped with vegetables in schezwan sauce
Crisp and hot! This is how you would describe these noodles that are complimented well with a hot sauce. Boiled Hakka Noodles are tossed in a pan till crisp. These then served with vegetables tossed in a schezwan sauce.
- 200g Noodles
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ cup diced peppers (red, green, yellow)
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 6-8 beans, sliced
- ½ cup diced cabbage
- 2 florets broccoli, sliced
- 2 whole red chilies, broken
- 1tbsp cornstarch
- 1tbsp chopped garlic
- 1tbsp vinegar
- 1tsp schezwan sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Boil 1 liter water. Add the noodles and cook for 4 minutes or till the noodles are cooked al dante.
- Drain the noodles and refresh in cold water.
- Toss with a tbsp. of oil and set aside.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Add half the garlic and cook to a golden color.
- Add the noodles, salt, pepper to taste and toss well.
- Spread the noodles in the pan and let cook on low heat for the noodles to crisp at the base and the sides.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in another pan and add the garlic and the broken red chilies. Toss the garlic to a golden color.
- Add the remaining vegetables and stir fry on a high heat for a minute.
- Add the shezwan sauce and stir fry.
- In two cups water, add the corn starch and make a corn slurry.
- Add the corn slurry to the vegetables, add vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and bring to an immediate boil. Simmer for a minute till the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Remove the crisp noodles in a deep plate.
- Pour the vegetables in sauce over the noodles and serve.