Sago and potato cutlets
Saboodana or sago, is one of the foods that is permissible during fasting. It is a rich source of Carbs and especially filling when one is fasting. These Sago pearl cutlets can be spiced up with some chat masala for regular use when one is not fasting.
- 1cup sago pearls (saboodana)
- 400g potatoes
- 2tbsp chopped coriander
- 2tsp chopped green chilies
- Rock salt (sendha namak) to taste
- Groundnut oil or desi ghee (clarified butter)t o shallow fry
- Soak the saboodana (sago) in water for 30 mins.
- Drain and set aside.
- Boil the potatoes till done. Peel and mash fine while still hot.
- Add the soaked saboodana, green chilies, coriander and salt to the potatoes and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal parts.
- Roll our each part into a log or a patty and shallow fry in medium hot oil till golden.
- Serve with lemon wedges.