Vrat Special Dosa made using Sago pearls and Barnyard millet
Dosa is a popular breakfast and snack all over the country. It is made using rice and black gram, both cannot be consumed during the fasts. Here is a recipe of making dosa with tapioca pearls and barnyard millet, so that it can be easily consumed when one is fasting!
- ½ cup Tapioca Pearls (Sabudana)
- ¼ cup Sama (sawa) rice
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- Sendha namak or rock salt, to taste
- Black pepper powder, to taste
- 1 cup Water
- peanut oil as required
For the stuffing:
- 2 large potatoes, boiled
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- Wash sabudana under running cold water and soak in enough water for at 6-8 hours.
- Wash sawa rice and soak in water for6-8 hours.
- Drain them well and grind into smooth paste.
- Add yogurt, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add rest of the water and make smooth batter and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped green chilies, crushed peanuts and curry leaves and sauté over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add mashed boiled potatoes, chopped coriander leaves, salt and pepper powder to taste.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes and remove. Allow to cool.
- Heat the tawa for dosa.
- On a medium hot tawa, pour a ladle full of the batter and spread around going in a circular motion beginning from the center to out.
- Once slightly cooked drizzle some oil.
- Once the dosa is crisp on the underside and properly cooked, place some potato stuffing in the center and fold over.
- Serve immediately.