Baked Potatoes with cottage cheese stuffing
Potatoes are an excellent addition to the table during any meal. Sautéed, fried, boiled, mashed or baked, it can be cooked in many ways. Here is a recipe of baked potatoes that are stuffed with cottage cheese and cashew nuts. A good side dish to have while fasting!
- Peanut Oil for frying
- 2 tbsps. Khoya
- 2 tbsps. Cashewnuts
- 1tbsp Ghee
- 4 large Oval Potatoes
- 2 tsps. Cumin powder
- 1tsp Sesame seeds
- 50 gm Cottage Cheese
- 1½ tsps. Black pepper powder
- 2 tsps. Garam Masala powder
- Select 4 large oval potatoes, peel them and halve them. Scoop out the centers and discard.
- Immerse the potatoes in the water and parboil them.
- Now, deep-fry the potatoes and roll them in the sesame seeds. Reserve aside.
- In a pan, heat ghee, add the cottage cheese, Khoya (reduced milk), and the cashewnuts, and then add masala and roast.
- Stuff potatoes with the cottage cheese mixture, put the stuffed potatoes in a roasting pan, and place in a moderately hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.