Baby potatoes marinated in Tandoori Masala and grilled in Tandoor
These tandoori Potatoes are a delight for the vegetarians! The basic tandoori marinade gives them a delectable taste and potatoes absorb the flavors very well. And the smoky flavor of the tandoor takes the flavors a notch higher!
- Serves: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes + Marinating time
- Cooking Time: 9-10 Minutes
- Difficulty: medium
- Tag: BBQ Food, Dinner Party, Gluten Free, Indian, Kitty Part Recipes, Lohri, New Year, Side Dishes, Starters, Sunday Lunch, Vegetable Sides, Vegetables, Vegetarian, Wedding & Anniversary
- ½ cup hung yoghurt
- 2tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1tsp chopped green chilies
- 1tbsp mustard oil
- 1tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½tsp garam masala
- 1tsp chat masala
- 1tbsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1tbsp kasoori methi
- 400g parboiled baby potatoes
- Oil to fry
- Whisk the yoghurt. Mix in all the ingredients to make a fine smooth paste.
- Add the parboiled potatoes, mix well and marinate for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Arrange on skewers and suspend across a grill. Grill about 4 inches from heat, turning regularly, until browned in spots and just cooked through (7 -8 minutes).
- Baste with oil at intervals. Remove from fire and serve hot with onion rings, and lemon wedges.
- Alternatively, bake them in the Oven at 190C for 25 minutes.