Refreshing cumin and mint flavored Indian lemonade
Come summers and the jal jeera becomes a replacement for the evening tea in many households! It acts as an appetizer before meals and acts as a filling in our favorite gol gappas ou pani puris as well!
- Serves: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty: medium
- Tag: Birthday Party, Dairy Free, Dinner for Two, Diwali, Drinks, Eid, Gluten Free, Holi, Indian, Kitty Party, Lohri, Navratri, Sunday Lunch, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, Wedding & Anniversary
- 1 small bunch Mint leaves
- 1 cup Coriander leaves
- ½tsp grated Ginger
- 2tbsp Lemon juice
- 3tsp Cumin seeds – dry roasted and ground fine
- ½tsp Black salt
- ½tsp Rock salt
- ½tsp Salt
- 1tsp Dried mango powder(Amchur)
- 1tsp Sugar
- ¼tsp black pepper
- A pinch Asafetida
- 4 cups of Chilled water
- Boondi for garnishing
- Dry roast the asafetida for a few seconds till fragrant.
- Grind asafetida, mint Leaves, ginger and coriander leaves in blender to fine paste.
- Add 4 cups of chilled water, black salt, rock salt, salt, mango powder, sugar and cumin powder.
- Add lemon juce. Stir the mixture well. Pass through a Strainer to remove the ginger remains.
- Server chilled garnished with boondi and mint leaves.