Spicy Peanut Potatoes
Baby potatoes cooked with peanuts and sesame seeds
An interesting recipe made with potatoes with the added nutty flavor of peanuts and sesame seeds. It turns out to be quite delicious and can be served both as a side dish and a snack! An excellent dish on the table during the fasts. One can easily omit the curry leaves if it is not consumed during fasts.
- 3 tsps. Peanut Oil
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp. White Sesame seeds
- 2-3 Green Chilies, chopped
- 2 tsps. Peanuts, fried and crushed
- 125 gms Potatoes, boiled & diced
- 1tbsp Dry Mango powder
- 2 tsps. Coriander leaves, chopped
- Rock Salt according to taste
- Heat oil ina pan.
- To moderately hot oil, add curry leaves, white sesame seeds, green chilies and sauté for a minute.
- Add potatoes and sauté for 7-8 minutes on low heat.
- Add crushed peanuts, cumin powder, black pepper powder, dry mango powder and sauté for another minute. Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.